Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Hives and I'm not sure why....
tjpete8084 posted:
For the past year and a half I've been experiencing hive outbreaks on a weekly basis. After the first couple months (back in December of 2011) I saw my Doctor and he assumed some sort of food allergy. I've tried eliminating different things from my diet for periods of time, yet no relief. Then I began to notice that my symptoms would always occur when I was in my apartment, but never on the weekends when I stayed at my family's place. I'm a teacher, so last summer, I lived back at home with my family away from my apartment. No symptoms over the three month summer, and never new outbreaks whenever I'm away from my apartment on the weekends during the school year. As soon as I moved back to my apartment for school this past September, boom, hives are back. I just got back today from my two week Christmas break, no Hives at all the two weeks away. I've been home now for 2 hours! Already noticed hives on my arms. I haven't changed my diet at all when I'm living in either place. Pets don't seem to be a problem either, I usually encounter them when I'm away from my apartment and never have an outbreak, and I don't have a pet myself at the apartment. What am I allergic too? I don't use any products here that I don't use away from my apartment? This doesn't make any sense to me...HELP??? It is starting to make me very self-conscious when my hives are not able to be hidden by clothing and if I'm constantly itching. What can I do to fix this?

Helpful Tips

Herbal health care product
Herbs Solutions By Nature is just the right destination for all those who have been looking for a herbal cure to their relevant disease. We ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 2 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Asthma and Allergies Center