cured of chronic hives
anni16 posted:
I suffered from hives and angioedema for 16 years. I had been to dermatologists and allergists and I had gone for allergy shots for 8 years. They found me allergic to grass, mold, dust mites, trees, ragweed and cats and dogs. After 8 years of shots, I was tested again and my levels of allergic response did not decrease and I still had hives so I quit the shots. The hives were under control with zyrtec and occasionally I would take a second antihistamine to control it if needed. I could not live without this medication. None of my doctors could find out the cause and my only symptom was hives. They diagnosed me with autoimmune disorder. At this point, I believed them and thought I would live sick for ever. I even got hives from pressure if anything was tight on my skin such a a shoe or a belt. I went from being perfectly healthy to sick every day with no others health problems, but chronic hives. I tried diets and eliminating things from diet and from my contact. But, nothing helped.
Then one day, I realized I had parasites. They hid from me and my immune system for years. I had no symptoms of the parasites other than the chronic hives. My immune response of hives was to the waste products of the parasite but my body could not detect the parasite itself. I did not have the textbook case.
I received treatment for the parasites and it was effective. I felt better right away. Immediately the terrible hives I had got better but were still there however, they were mild. I only needed 1 zyrtec every other day. About 2 to 3 weeks following treatment the hives went away completely.
I wanted to post my story to give those suffering from chronic hives hope that they may be cured. Don't give up on trying to find out what is causing your problems. In my case, my doctors were all wrong, and not one brought up parasites as a cause of hives or even offered a test on parasites or even offered education on parasites. I had no clue I had parasites. It is easy for a a doctor to diagnose you with an autoimmune disorder, as at the end of the visit you are still sick and they don't know why, itstead of them still searching for a real cause.

An_250033 responded:
Thank you for sharing your story! It does offer some encouragement with this uncomfortable and debilitating condition. I was just wondering which parasite testing you did and what your subsequent treatment was? Are you still hives-free today without the use of any antihistamine?

Thanks for sharing!