Skip to content
Random Allergies - Hives
Casteel posted:
My whole life I have had to deal with this strange outbreak of hives, and eyelids swollen, lips, ears. The time between outbreaks is huge, the last time I had this outbreak was 20 years ago. It wouldn't happen all at once, hives different spots, come and go. I had it a few times growing up. It would last anywhere from a month to maybe two months. I went to doctors and they could find nothing I was allergic to.

But I finally solved this mystery. I always drink tea at work, green tea or whatever, 2-3 glasses a day. I bought those little bags of the mix with water stuff. Before Christmas, I tried this green tea with honey, didn't think anything about it, it was good, refreshing.

Well my hive allergy showed up, to my disappointment, I thought I just finally outgrew whatever it was. I naturally thought, oh well, it sucks, but I know it goes away in about 6 weeks. Its now been 10 weeks, and I was thinking, something's wrong. Then it hit me, I am allergic to Honey.

Thing with honey, its not a staple, its in only a few things I would eat, like cereal, baklavia, and green tea and honey. I rarely eat cereal, and if I did, it wasn't one with honey in it.

So I go to doc, tell him this. "Interesting" he says. Then he formed me its quiet common and my symptons match. He said its difficult to detect a honey allergy, because honey allergies are actually based on many factors, such as the regional honey hives.

He then tells me that most people allergic to honey can be seriously allergic to bee stings, honey bee stings. Well I have never been stung by a bee.

So I cut out the tea and honey, and there it goes, about 7 days later, all gone.

Mystery solved, I am alergic to Honey.

Helpful Tips

Herbal health care product
Herbs Solutions By Nature is just the right destination for all those who have been looking for a herbal cure to their relevant disease. We ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Asthma and Allergies Center