Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
milk allergy
rana2013 posted:
My mother was recently diagnosed with allergy to milk but not to boiled milk. What is the difference ? Does that means she can have cheese?
many thanks

pollen80 responded:
Hi Rana2013, That's really odd. The only thing I can think of is that there must have been something in the milk before it was boiled, and that is what your mother is allergic to. This is just my guess, so I suggest that you visit your doctor to find out the cause of her allergy. Good luck!

mrswhitecastle responded:
I have heard of that in the case of egg -- some are allergic to raw egg, but not cooked. From what I have read, the cooking process somehow changes the proteins. Your mother should check with her allergist to see if cheese would be safe or not.

pollen80 responded:
Hi - I was browsing the web for more advice on allergies and I came across this cool new feature that gives you tips on allergies (and other health topics too) everyday: http://bit.ly/VSHOtg Hope you find it useful and that you figure out why your mom is allergic to milk!! I would recommend subscribing to these tips and then maybe asking a doctor about your mom.

Helpful Tips

Eczema CareExpert
Emerging research has shown that skin barrier dysfunction plays a central role in atopic dermatitis. Both the involved skin and even the ... More
Was this Helpful?
24 of 34 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Asthma and Allergies Center