Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
30 years of urticaria
lovlyleslie posted:
Hello I'm an African American single mother of two, and I have suffered since age 7. Countless doctors, creams and medication havent done a thing! I get painful itch attacks if I'm outdoors to much and I have to watch what I eat daily. My wheals are big and red and get very tender throughout the day everyday. I started getting depressed in grade school all the way to high school. The kids would hit me to see their hand print raise up, chase me home and call me all sorts of bad name like freak.
I do secretly cry daily over my past but even now I get crazy looks if I have marks on my face, dont they know I'm in pain? I'm a walking ball of pain, when people or family ask how it feels I say "wet your skin, get a thin stick and hit the wet area, now do that all over", they say "wow, Im so sorry to hear that!"
My back take the worse hits everyday, Ive itched skin off and get bubbles under my feet.
Im so happy to have found this site, God bless you all!

Take the Poll

Do you cry at night from the pain and depression over urticaria?
  • Yes i do
  • sometimes
  • Only when I'm alone
vote
View Poll Results

Helpful Tips

Eczema CareExpert
Emerging research has shown that skin barrier dysfunction plays a central role in atopic dermatitis. Both the involved skin and even the ... More
Was this Helpful?
24 of 34 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Asthma and Allergies Center