Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Uncontrollable Serious Allergies
An_250607 posted:
My fiance has had allergy issues throughout her life and none of the doctors we've went to has been able to properly diagnose it to our satisfaction. I believe we've tried every medication and nasal spray to date, but none has really helped her issues.

She has a stuffy nose throughout the day, sometimes red eyes / itchy eyes, and coughing every single day. I am not sure what causes it, but this week its been really serious, I've seen a lot of blood on the tissues she uses throughout the day. Can anyone advise on what to do? I can pull up all the paperwork to show what she's done and tried so far if need be.

I have to listen to her blow her nose every other minute (literally), see her rub her nose because she feels it gets itchy when shes out, and almost feels like I need to get used to it if I want to live with her. She says when she was younger, something about one of her brothers fixing motorcycles in her garage and all the fumes and smoke would be something she would wake up to inhaling; her allergy conditions were not something she was born with so she and some of her sisters have the allergy issues, but she has the most serious and worst of all.

We moved to a high rise apt a few months ago and I thought that would probably help, but I haven't seen any improvement. I am thinking about getting an air purifier, but not sure that will help.

coughy16 responded:
Has she seen an allergist and been tested? If not, that would be a start, if so, what were the results?

Helpful Tips

regain you taste and smell
I lost my sense of taste and smell 4 years ago and have had multiple operations as well as daily flushed my nose with Pulmacort . My doctor ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Asthma and Allergies Center