Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Protocol for stopping allergy shots
An_251044 posted:
I have been taking allergy shots for allergic rhinitis every other day for almost 19 years. My doctor has never mentioned to me anything about decreasing the dose. Since researching online I have found that 3 to 5 years is usual required time to be on the shots at a much more spaced out frequency. I decided to start cutting down the frequency to twice a week and I seemed to have more energy, but on the days I did take a shot, I would get a terrible headache just like the ones I got when I was first getting on the shots. So I went back to every otherbday. I want to know about just stopping the shots all together or maybe just taking them once a month. Is it okay to just stop or do I need to tapper off? Will 1 shot a month prevent relapse? I expect to have some withdrawal effects as my body is extremely sensitive to any changes. The shots were hard for my body to get used to, but once it did, I was amazed at how much better I felt. My symptoms have all been gone for years except for a day or two in the fall. I never want to have to star all over again.

Helpful Tips

Herbal health care product
Herbs Solutions By Nature is just the right destination for all those who have been looking for a herbal cure to their relevant disease. We ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 2 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Asthma and Allergies Center