Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Chronic asthma and allergies
An_251130 posted:
Chronic asthma and allergies has plagued my daughter since the age oof two. She is now twenty three and if anything the situation has worsened. I feel so bad for her because it has robbed her of a noral life. Why the asthma medicine doesn't work. Numerous inhalers over the years, claritin, singulair and ocassional antibiotics yes she still gets ear infections. There are so many triggers and we don't know all of them. Was thinking about re-locating to a city with less pollution. I have experienced doctors saying that there is nothing they can do and she will have to live wit it. They also think her symptoms are just in her head. She is also allergic to some medications. Daily chest tightness, wheezing. sneezing, hoarseness, post nasal drip just to name a few. She is also anemic and taking iron suppleents which are doing nothing to give her any extra energy. I asked one doctor is it possible for a person to develop a resistance to medicine taken over a long period
of time and he looked at me like I was crazy. If it doesn't work or have never worked they refuse to switch to something else. I thought that
maybe she would possibly benefit from dulera if I spelled it right its a new asthma pill. No response. I have taken her to some of the best allergist and asthma doctors. Have anyone ever had an attack and when they do the postop by placing the thing on your fingrer to measusre blood oxygen and you read 95 to 97 percent and told that you are ok but you are still wheezing, coughing and have chest tightness given a breathing treatment and sent home defeated. Or have you ever tried to the breathing into thre machine and you can't do it because your chest is too tight only to be told that you are not really trying. Your peak flows are not that bad but you are so tight and miserable what do you do. How about being told there is nothing we can do for you. How about me asking the doctor is there another lung ddisease that could have the same symptoms only to be ignored. Has anyone else experienced this. Or being made fun of because you loose your breath if come into with a cat.

Anna08000 responded:
Yeah, my roommate has asthma like this. Even taking medication and using an inhaler she has to go to the ER a couple times a year - but when she does they just put her on an Albuterol nebulizer. Now she has one at home. Definitely she should get one of those!

Helpful Tips

regain you taste and smell
I lost my sense of taste and smell 4 years ago and have had multiple operations as well as daily flushed my nose with Pulmacort . My doctor ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Asthma and Allergies Center