Skip to content
No health Insurance, Best Thing To Take?
laurenGruno posted:
so i don't have health insurance but i am severely suffering. my eye balls feel like they are going to pop out of my head or im going to go blind. my face feels like its melting and everyone thinks im crying all the time (hAHAHa) i need some over the counter relief but claritin doesn't help my eyes and bendrly doesn't either but it makes me really tired too. any suggestions for over the counter relief?? i would appreciate it greatly!!!

Aqua14 responded:
Try Zyrtec and Zaditor/Alaway.

Zyrtec (generic cetirizine) is a great antihistamine. If it makes you drowsy, take it at night.

Zaditor (also manufactured under the name Alaway) is an OTC antihistamine eye drop that I have found to be just as good as prescription Patanol. If you purchase Bausch & Lomb's Alaway you will get twice as much in the bottle compared to if you buy Zaditor. Also look for the generic, ketotifen, which might be manufactured by your local drug store like Walgreen's.

We are very lucky these days that we have these two OTC meds which are affordable because they are generic.

Hope this helps you. Take care & good luck. Judy
It's never too late to be what you might have been. ~ George Eliot. A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.

Dbrinz replied to Aqua14's response:
Agreed. I work in Pharmacy and Zyrtec, taken before bedtime has been shown to reduce the reaction one gets from environmental allergens when exposed. Remember to switch fro Claritin and rotate every 6 months so your body does not become immune to the drug. Hope that helps. ~Denise

Helpful Tips

Herbal health care product
Herbs Solutions By Nature is just the right destination for all those who have been looking for a herbal cure to their relevant disease. We ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Asthma and Allergies Center