allergic reaction to supplement..
4kittyz posted:
Hello, I had a question about a reaction to Guggul Lipids that I took on Wednesday. I went to local health food store and they recommended Guggul for my high cholesterol. I took 2 caps at noon and 2 at supper. Woke up Thurs morning with my arm pits and my entire groin area fire red, swollen and itchy! Went to ER and doc said he was going to give me a prescription for benadryl and predizone. After asking me a few more questions, I sneezed a few times and my throat began to fell funny. I started having trouble breathing. Doc immediately started an IV with 3 different drugs and got everything calmed down. Just in time too, I was beginning to panic not being able to breathe! He gave a prescript for a few days worth of pred and benadryl and sent me on my way. Im not having anymore difficulty with my breathing but my armpits and my groin seem to be worse! I'm taking the meds and using ice packs but Im miserable! How long before all this calms down and\or goes away? Should I contact my doc if its not better by Monday? Thank you, Darlene