Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Hypersensitivity to chemicals in carpeting
Carocof posted:
I became aware of this sensitivity over a year ago when I developed hypersensitivity pneumonitis due to moving into a newly renovated office with new carpeting. I am better if I am not exposed but that has included resigning from my job and I currently don't go anywhere that there is carpeting new or old. It seems I am becoming more sensitive to carpet in general.

I have been very limited in the places I go for two months hoping that I would be better. After a visit this week to the physician and testing I am no better so the doctor believes there are other chemicals in the environment that are also bothering me. I am hoping that there are others in this community that have had similiar experiences and may be able to suggest additional things I can do. I am going to have a CT scan soon too see how my lungs really are.

Thanks,
Carocof

Helpful Tips

regain you taste and smell
I lost my sense of taste and smell 4 years ago and have had multiple operations as well as daily flushed my nose with Pulmacort . My doctor ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Asthma and Allergies Center