Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
tickle in throat with sticky slimey clear mucus
letap posted:
please...someone help!.it starts with a tickle in my throat,proceeded by this discusting sticky gooey,slimey,foamiy clear mucus that drains in my throat causing terrible coughing,gagging,even have vomited.it seems to mainly accur at nite.i also have fluid in my ears.this has been an issue for 6 months now. ive tryed fonase,clariton,mucinex, but nothing seems to work.if someone out there has any knowledge of what could be causing this please respond!

Take the Poll

sticky, slimey clear throat phlem
  • allergys
  • post nasel drip
vote
View Poll Results

Vonnie007 responded:
I have the same symptoms. Tried those same remedies. Turned out to be Sudafed that did the trick. Only temporarily though. Generic at Walmart - $1.88 for 60 pills. Have to take a dose about every for hour though. Hope this helps! Let me know if you find something more prolonged.

Vonnie007 responded:
By the way, it's post nasal drip caused by allergies.

Helpful Tips

regain you taste and smell
I lost my sense of taste and smell 4 years ago and have had multiple operations as well as daily flushed my nose with Pulmacort . My doctor ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Asthma and Allergies Center