Skip to content
Toddler can eat dairy but not drink milk or lactose free milk.
diamondgirltaurus posted:
I have a 21 month old son. At one I started giving him whole milk. His resulting stools were loose. They made his poor bottom turn bright red, welts and bleeding diaper rash. His dad is lactose intolerant, so I thought maybe he is too. I switched our family to Lactose Free Milk. However, my son eats other dairy with no issues. He doesn't eat a lot. Part of a cheese stick, about one ounce cheese, about 1/8-1/4 cup of ice cream, about 4 ounces of yogurt. (those are his portion sizes he actually eats) But if I give him a cup of milk (usually 6-8 ounces), then his stools go back to loose with the bleeding diaper rash. I do not understand this and everything I look up on the internet talks about lactose free but does not address how he can eat dairy but not drink the actual milk, lactose free or not.
He is a normal toddler, picky some days about his food and not others. He eats feta cheese off my lunch daily, has some ice cream at night with dad, I cook with milk and cheeses.
Any advice or anyone understand why he can eat dairy products but not drink the milk?

Helpful Tips

Herbal health care product
Herbs Solutions By Nature is just the right destination for all those who have been looking for a herbal cure to their relevant disease. We ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Asthma and Allergies Center