Toddler can eat dairy but not drink milk or lactose free milk.
diamondgirltaurus posted:
I have a 21 month old son. At one I started giving him whole milk. His resulting stools were loose. They made his poor bottom turn bright red, welts and bleeding diaper rash. His dad is lactose intolerant, so I thought maybe he is too. I switched our family to Lactose Free Milk. However, my son eats other dairy with no issues. He doesn't eat a lot. Part of a cheese stick, about one ounce cheese, about 1/8-1/4 cup of ice cream, about 4 ounces of yogurt. (those are his portion sizes he actually eats) But if I give him a cup of milk (usually 6-8 ounces), then his stools go back to loose with the bleeding diaper rash. I do not understand this and everything I look up on the internet talks about lactose free but does not address how he can eat dairy but not drink the actual milk, lactose free or not.
He is a normal toddler, picky some days about his food and not others. He eats feta cheese off my lunch daily, has some ice cream at night with dad, I cook with milk and cheeses.
Any advice or anyone understand why he can eat dairy products but not drink the milk?