Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
TKR and nickel allergy
miss030456 posted:
I had a TKR in 2010 and never fully recovered. Always had pain and swelling even 2 1/2 years later. My doctor did a revision in 2012 and I have not recovered from that and it has been 10 months. I have constant pain and swelling so bad I can not be on my feet for more than an hour at a time! My knee gets so swollen I can't fit it into my pants leg. I had the blood allergy test and it came back a slight reaction to titanium and a mild reaction to nickel. My doctor said there is nothing more he can do for me. I am having the patch test done and my allergist said the blood test are unreliable as there is nt enough data to compare the results to. Can a mild reaction be enough to cause my problems with pain and swelling?

Helpful Tips

Medications
Check your computer or smart phone before you pay for a Prescribed drug. Your MD does not know the "inactive" ingredients" the computer can ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Asthma and Allergies Center