Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Fatal allergy to marijuana
Valkyr posted:
I have this VERY strange allergy to marijuana. I first learned this about 15 years ago when I was in someones house and they smoked it with me being nearby. It shuts down parts of my neurosystem sequentially. To be more specific, it turns some parts of my body off for up to 15 minutes. Then, the body part will turn back on and something else will shut down. This seqencing can go on for over an hours, body parts shutting down and turning back on. On that particular night, my arms and legs were paralyzed, and I also totally lost all vision and hearing. But these bodily functions did return after being shut down for about 5 minutes each. At that time I had no idea what was happening to me, and I was begging to die.

This allergy is so bad, I can't be within 100 feet of someone smoking it even if we are both outside. I also can't even smell it on someone's clothes. Seeing that a few moderately important things are attatched to the neurosystem, such as the brain, heart, liver, kidneys, and so on, I avoid like the plague.

Other than avoiding it like the plague, is there anything else that I can do in case of exposure? I'd prefer not to drop dead, go blind, become deaf, or paralyzed just because some one walking down the street is smoking it.... It just so happens that I was exposed to it last night and managed to survive and not have to go to the hospitol, but I am still feeling some rather nasty affects from it.

Any advice?

Helpful Tips

Relief for urticaria
I had suffered from hives for six years until one doctor (an allergist) finally discovered that it was chronic urticaria. I am allergic to ... More
Was this Helpful?
5 of 5 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Asthma and Allergies Center