Skip to content
Stuffed Animal Question
srathelper posted:
I have a favorite stuffed animal which is my pound puppy that I have had since fifth grade and I am wondering if it could be making me sick or maklng my allergies worse than they need to be? I don't wash it very often. I sleep with it, as well as play with it all day long and I have been told by people to throw it away or have it burned should I be afraid that it would be cauing more problems for me than it is worth? I have had a goal of getting rid of it but I haven't made my goal, how do I do this to help myself and relieve the allergy problems and breathing problems that I think it is?
wootonemily@hotmail.com

sgbl88 responded:
Hi,
Yes, the stuffed animal can be contributing to allergy symptoms. Pollens, pet dander and other allergens collect in the fake fur.

Maybe you could put the beloved stuffed animal on a shelf instead of sleeping with it. Think about how close the animal is to your mouth and nose all night long causing constant exposure to the allergens. I do recommend that you stop sleeping with it, but it may not be necessary to destroy it.
Sonya
Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end... Ye shall seek me, and find [me]

srathelper replied to sgbl88's response:
I have no shelf to put my beloved stuffed animals on so now do I think about throwing them away or do I have somebody burn my favorite stuffed animal my pound puppy Bubbles?

wootonemily@hotmail.com

sgbl88 replied to srathelper's response:
If needed you can just throw it away. You don't have to destroy it. Maybe you can get rd o all your stuffed animals except your favorite. How big is it? Would you be able to find a space in your closet to store it in or a while?

Sonya
Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end... Ye shall seek me, and find [me]

srathelper replied to sgbl88's response:
I can fit the pound puppy stuffed animal into a two gallon freezer bag that zips closed and I can put it in that in my armour for two or three weeks to see if I can do without it and then decide from there what needs to be done with it. I made room in my freezer to freeze it if I need to do so. I would then have to wash it though right? I have two other stuffed animals that I also play with and sleep with that I am not so concerned about. I had started with nine stuffed animals and I made myself get rid of five of them even though they were given to me by my sister and some friends. The one I am worried about is the size of a bread box. I may just have to toss it but I'll wait and see if I can first sleep without it and not want to be playing with it during the day.

Helpful Tips

Medications
Check your computer or smart phone before you pay for a Prescribed drug. Your MD does not know the "inactive" ingredients" the computer can ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Asthma and Allergies Center