Stuffed Animal Question
srathelper posted:
I have a favorite stuffed animal which is my pound puppy that I have had since fifth grade and I am wondering if it could be making me sick or maklng my allergies worse than they need to be? I don't wash it very often. I sleep with it, as well as play with it all day long and I have been told by people to throw it away or have it burned should I be afraid that it would be cauing more problems for me than it is worth? I have had a goal of getting rid of it but I haven't made my goal, how do I do this to help myself and relieve the allergy problems and breathing problems that I think it is?
wootonemily@hotmail.com

sgbl88 responded:
Hi,
Yes, the stuffed animal can be contributing to allergy symptoms. Pollens, pet dander and other allergens collect in the fake fur.

Maybe you could put the beloved stuffed animal on a shelf instead of sleeping with it. Think about how close the animal is to your mouth and nose all night long causing constant exposure to the allergens. I do recommend that you stop sleeping with it, but it may not be necessary to destroy it.
Sonya
Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end... Ye shall seek me, and find [me]

srathelper replied to sgbl88's response:
I have no shelf to put my beloved stuffed animals on so now do I think about throwing them away or do I have somebody burn my favorite stuffed animal my pound puppy Bubbles?

wootonemily@hotmail.com

sgbl88 replied to srathelper's response:
If needed you can just throw it away. You don't have to destroy it. Maybe you can get rd o all your stuffed animals except your favorite. How big is it? Would you be able to find a space in your closet to store it in or a while?

Sonya
Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end... Ye shall seek me, and find [me]

srathelper replied to sgbl88's response:
I can fit the pound puppy stuffed animal into a two gallon freezer bag that zips closed and I can put it in that in my armour for two or three weeks to see if I can do without it and then decide from there what needs to be done with it. I made room in my freezer to freeze it if I need to do so. I would then have to wash it though right? I have two other stuffed animals that I also play with and sleep with that I am not so concerned about. I had started with nine stuffed animals and I made myself get rid of five of them even though they were given to me by my sister and some friends. The one I am worried about is the size of a bread box. I may just have to toss it but I'll wait and see if I can first sleep without it and not want to be playing with it during the day.