Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
So sucky
ARunkleMom posted:
We just started this coughing, the asthma attacks when my daughter was about 3 yrs old. We started with every fall ending up in ER at least three times from fall - spring. She's being tested at the end of the month, but has now been dealing with this for four years, every fall we go through the same thing, and they have her on Singular, flovent, allegra, albuterol, she now starts to cry when she hacks it out, and conistently repeasts "I cant do this". I feel awful. I don't understand why they didnt' test her earlier. Well I do, they were trying to get the asthma attacks under control, but that will never happen without knowing the source. This is way too much for a 7 year old little girl.

biancalthompson responded:
I am going through the same thing your little girl is. I am 27 years old and my asthma is worse in the fall/winter months. My asthma is triggered by changes in air temperature. I am sensitive to cold air. She may be as well. I always have something wrapped around my neck to my throat warm. I limit my time outside when its cold. I drink a lot of hot tea with honey in the winter and my doctor puts me on adivar in the winter months. We treat every cold aggressively after 4 days because I get upper respiratory infections easily.

Helpful Tips

regain you taste and smell
I lost my sense of taste and smell 4 years ago and have had multiple operations as well as daily flushed my nose with Pulmacort . My doctor ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Asthma and Allergies Center