Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Allergy Non-Stop
cpappalardo3 posted:
I have had allergy issues since 1997. It depends on where I live, the severity and length. I have had more drugs than I can name. I have moved to different states, regions, and it is just getting worse. I am now a shut-in, with little hope of recovery. I cough up blood, and rarely sleep more then several hours at a time. I am only forty nine and just wish to die. I wish there was something to help me.

biancalthompson responded:
I am sorry to hear that your in that bad a shape

What all are you allergic too?

Can you take more than one allergy medicine for your symptoms?

deluxehd responded:
Your story sounds similar to mine. My health changed for the worse when I was exposed to interior mold from a water damaged building. I developed so many allergies/sensitivities and other numerous health issues. I had to quit my job and have spent the last 5 1/2 yrs trying to find answers to my health problems. My asthma is triggered by: latex, nitrile gloves, fabrics, plastics, medications, foods, woods, metals, environmental issues, fragrances, etc. In October 2013 I was finally diagnosed with mold illness and have started the first step in the treatment protocol. The doctor feels that I may lose most of my strange sensitivities but only have a 5% chance of gaining any foods back. I have 12 foods I can eat without a reaction. I will always have the latex allergy.

I hope this helps you some to know that there are others out there similar to you. If you would like to research mold illness, check out survivingmold.com.

Helpful Tips

Eczema CareExpert
Emerging research has shown that skin barrier dysfunction plays a central role in atopic dermatitis. Both the involved skin and even the ... More
Was this Helpful?
24 of 34 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Asthma and Allergies Center