Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Random itchy places
scratchyitchy posted:
For the last three days I´ve been experiencing random itchy areas.left thigh´ then right foot ankle area´ the hip area. Not in the same order but very intense itching. No bumps or discoloration or anything noticeable. I have not started any new meds or anything else. No new soap, nothing. The itching is very intense. Any suggestions,?

biancalthompson responded:
Sorry to hear your having problems with random itchy patches. Not all itching is going to be an allergy, sometimes our clothing or even the bedding can rub at our skin causing some irritation. Dry skin can crop and make us itchy in weird areas. I would try things like lotion or hydrocortisone cream and see if that helps with the itching.

scratchyitchy replied to biancalthompson's response:
hydrocortisone cream seems to have done the trick. it has gone away. thank you very much.

Helpful Tips

Relief for urticaria
I had suffered from hives for six years until one doctor (an allergist) finally discovered that it was chronic urticaria. I am allergic to ... More
Was this Helpful?
5 of 5 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Asthma and Allergies Center