Skip to content
Non Allergic Rhinitis
1vabear posted:
I have non allergic rhinitis and am receiving cluster shots to start a de-sensitizing program. The issue is certain odors in my home, specifically spices (onions.garlic, peppers) when fresh cut triiger my symptms. Now that we are in winter months and home is closed up and furnace running, the air circulation just exacerbates the problem. My qwestion does anyone think a HEPA filter air purfier would help?

guatewoman responded:
4 yrs suffering. Also have non allergic rhinitis and sinusitis. New ENT prescribed the following: Buy one gallon of distiller water Morton table salt Mason pint jar

1/2 tsp salt to filled mason jar and heat to Boil cool off before use.

Empty out your prepackaged saline mist rinse bottles (one for purse one for home) and refill empty with your homemade cooled off mix spray, 4x each nostril leave in about a minute and blow your nose with the solution. Replace bottles or disinfect every week.

We've determined the PRESERVATIVES in the prepackaged mist is a huge trigger rendering Dymista ineffective. Your refrigerator will be the only preservative.

Google non allergic rhinitis and some of the articles list spices foods weather shifts hormonal shifts smells etc etc etc. it was very informative.

I had second sinuplasty/FESS today (whittled down a bone on left side) to make more room for when I do swell. Will continue acupuncture, rinsing and Zyrtec and use Dymista one week on one off. BEST OF LUCK

Helpful Tips

Relief for urticaria
I had suffered from hives for six years until one doctor (an allergist) finally discovered that it was chronic urticaria. I am allergic to ... More
Was this Helpful?
5 of 5 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Asthma and Allergies Center