Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Constant Hives
gstarr74 posted:
I've been reading all of the posts and I think its time to post my hives story. About a month and a half ago I woke up with a swollen and very painf right big toe. I went to my local walk in clinic thinking I had a spider bite or something. They said it wasnt a bite and gave me amoxicillin and dioxycycline because they thought it was either gout or an infection of some sorts. A few days later the doctor made a follow up call and I told him I was itchy. He asked why I was taking the dioxycycline and I told him that he prescribed it. I stopped taking it and broke out. I had to go back and they gave me a shot and a 5day prednisone pack. The day after my last pill I had a major breakout of hives. They were on my head, face, neck and chest. Nothing below the waist. So the doctor gave me the prednisone again. Took it. After I was done I had another major breakout. Went back to the doctor and he told me I was allergic to something and told me to go see an allergist. Went to the allergist. He wanted me off the prednisone. Tried to wean me off for the third time and I broke out again. Got bloodwork done, so it's nothing internal or autoimmune. Right now I'm on 20 mg of prednisone every 12 hours. And every time I go down to 15mg on the doctors order I break out. So as of right now. It's not autoimmune. And I can't stand it. They want to test for food or environment but he keeps telling me he doesn't think its that. I'm driving myself crazy. These hives came on out of nowhere. The doctor calls my case challenging. It's only from the waist up. And I don't know if I mentioned this but it came out of nowhere. I just want relief. And some sort of answer. I'm 100% healthy according to blood tests. But I have had a hives breakout for a month and a half.

Helpful Tips

It helps me sleep
I been getting really bad hives for abot 3 months now, I have no idea why I would be getting hives I been very healthy my whole life, but ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Asthma and Allergies Center