Skip to content
HELP- post nasal drip?
nmberman posted:
Up until last fall on average I got sick about every 2 months, as I have always had a weak immune system. But I have also been very consistent in taking probiotics. In October, 2013 I got sick again with a brutal cough that was very phlegmy and constantly gave me a sore throat. And even though eventually I did feel better, the phlegm continued to stay in my throat. I was taken to the doctors when the phlegm had been in my throat for a little over a month, and almost every day it would weaken my ability to talk, basically causing me to loose my voice when the phlegm moved!

The doctor prescribed me a 5 day antibiotic, and lightly touched of the fact that I may have post-nasal drip, but the anti did not work. I figured some time and lots of water would eventually get rid of it. Wrong. Another month later I was back at the doctors, with a new, stronger, 10 day antibiotic, and was given MucinexD Expectorant & Nasal Decongestant. The doctor said if that round didn't work, next time I would be back they would prescribe me "The Bomb". Unfortunately, the second round again failed, but my parents didn't want to put me on more antibiotics, so I haven't been back to the doctors since mid December. My mother has also suggested taking me to a Ear, Nose, Throat doctor (ENT)

So next I decided to try the MucinexD Expectorant & Nasal Decongestant (1200mg), which just caused me to hack up a ball or two of clearish phlegm, but would give me a terrible "dry" feeling in my throat, beside the fact that there was still mucus in it. The last time I took the medication was about two weeks ago, when I had my worst reaction. Painful, sore throat, and red, itchy eyes. I still have a sore throat and I am a singer, and it starts to hurt more when I sing so I am wondering if whatever this is could possibly damage my vocal chords or something else in my throat and if there are any remedies for it. Please leave me comments below!! Its been 4 months too long!

atti_editor responded:
Hi nmberman,

I am very sorry that you have had to suffer with these symptoms for four months. You might try using a saline rinse, as mentioned in this WebMD article , to try and curb the mucous. Do you have any other symptoms such as pain/pressure in your face, loss of smell or fever? If so, you could have a sinus infection. You can read more here . In any case, I think that making an appointment to see an ENT is a great idea. I hope that you are feeling better soon!

-Atti

Helpful Tips

Herbal health care product
Herbs Solutions By Nature is just the right destination for all those who have been looking for a herbal cure to their relevant disease. We ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Asthma and Allergies Center