Skip to content
Sinus Drainage Causing Acid Reflux
vypyr posted:
I'm a 23 year old male with no history of allergies,sinus problems, or any other health issues. About a month ago I got really sick out of the blue and went to urgent care where they told me I had a minor sinus inflammation. I was prescribed a week's worth of antibiotics and told that it should go away soon. I went to another doctor later who said the same thing and said they seem to be getting better. It has been about a little over a month now and while the headaches and head/ear pressure seem to have lessened I still feel mucus behind my nose and in my throat throughout the day. I constantly feel the need to spit it out although its always clear. These last 2 days I've been having acid reflux in the mornings, no heart burn just one acidic burp and occasional pain on the left side of my chest in-between the left breast and armpit. I also seem to be hungry every few hours or at least have hunger symptoms even if I have eaten. Could this all still be sinus related or could it be symptoms of Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD)? I've never really had acid reflux issues up until these last two days, when it would occur before it would only happen once every few months if that. I've had an echocardiogram done and my heart was fine as well as a blood test that also came back good. The only thing I can think of is the sinus drainage going down my throat since I don't have a runny nose causing a mucus build up and the acid reflux.

Helpful Tips

Medications
Check your computer or smart phone before you pay for a Prescribed drug. Your MD does not know the "inactive" ingredients" the computer can ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Asthma and Allergies Center