Skip to content
Eye allergy need help
jojojue posted:
Hi
I am affected by red eye for almost two years and used 3 to 4 steroids prescribed by doctors( But then I was not aware of the rebound effects it can cause ) and one of this steroids (Fluorometholone and Tetrahydrozoline HCl) has really caused some damage in my right eye. On 23rd June I had color Fundus Photography on both eyes And luckyly the test shown that it is not rebound effect which I am suffering from. And after some trail and error I have found that it is nothing but Cigarette smoke which is casuing all those problems. That is I am an eye allergy patient.

now my medicines are Alcaftadine 0.25% and systane.
How much they can help me to get rid of this allergic problem?
"In fact I would like to know if eye allergy is curable?

And I have heard that by injecting the allergen agent into the eyes starting with a low amount and gradually increasing the amount immunity can be achived. Is it a option for me to Inject tobacco in this way, while tobacco is poisonous. If no, than what are the alternative treatments. Do not advice to give up smoking. I am not being arrogant here I know it shall be impossible for me.

Thanks
Jojo

Helpful Tips

Eczema CareExpert
Emerging research has shown that skin barrier dysfunction plays a central role in atopic dermatitis. Both the involved skin and even the ... More
Was this Helpful?
24 of 34 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Asthma and Allergies Center