Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
swollen lips!
mommy_o_two posted:
Over four years ago, I received juvaderm xl, was not my first time!! Post 30 minutes of injection, my lips swelled to the point of busting open, became white from edema, couldn't even close them. I was given pain meds, antihistamine (zantac), benadryl, prednisone and I think that is it... it went away with three days ( the swelling was so severe my lips disconnected from my gum area)
Glutton for punishment, the surgeon gave me a free injection- i was not allergic to this (had it done for past few years and nothing like this has happened before)
Up until three weeks ago I have not had any symptoms of swelling until then- i was driving from Houston to denver with my 3 year old.. and stopped to get fuel, noticed I had a "knot" on my left lower gum line.. Thinkin it was grapes I had just eated, called my husband- was kinda short of breath n I was swelling... paid for fuel n lady thought I had had my wisdom tooth pulled- swelling was that quick.. by a hour my lips were both swollen, side of my face had so much angioedema was goin up to my eye. Had to drive 2 more hours to hospital- by this time they had bused both vertical/ horizontal. 10 mg morphine ? Mg dilaudid, solumedrol 10 omg benadryl didn't touch it. Begged just to knock me out from the pain - they kept getting bigger and bigger. Busted inside apart in my mouth- finally stopped n swelling went down-5 hrs later.
A week ago had small swelling to middle upper lip- took 150 mg benadryl went down
Today woke up and left side upper lip semi swollen n also my chin!
My jaw has been in discomfort for bout 2 months when I open it.. but have been on bactrim as well. CAN ANYONE PLEASE HELP! I HAVE BEEN TO THREE DR AND A DENTIST! NO IDEA. I DONT SMOKE/CHEW TOBACCO, WORK OUT 2HRS DAY 6 days a week. Drink at least 3 liters of water a day. Eat pretty good/healthy. I'm at my wits end. It's embarrassing and has not become more occurring (3 times in three weeks- two within 3 days) yes I'm stressed but who isnt- I'm on the waitlist for grad school (NP) Been a nurse since 2001- have never seen this before ever!! Help please! God bless and thank u

Helpful Tips

Relief for urticaria
I had suffered from hives for six years until one doctor (an allergist) finally discovered that it was chronic urticaria. I am allergic to ... More
Was this Helpful?
5 of 5 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Asthma and Allergies Center