Skip to content
Swollen Lips
An_258795 posted:
I started experiencing swollen lips about 5 months ago and it's been an ongoing thing. Not only does it look horrible but it's scary too. First my lip starts to itch, then tingle then the swelling begins. I was getting my nails done at a salon (shellac nails) and was told by someone that the chemicals in the shellac nail polish sometimes caused an allergic reaction (lips swelling) - so I stopped and the swelling stopped - until this morning - another swollen upper lip - my scalp was itchy too - it always happens in the morning - the only thing I can even remotely relate it to today is: I opened a new deodrant (one I've been using for years) and handled some granny smith apples (apples had NOT been washed) - I'm thinking maybe pesticides on the apple caused it?? I have taken Benadryl but all it does is make me want to sleep. Has anyone else had this happen with handling unwashed apples?

Helpful Tips

Herbal health care product
Herbs Solutions By Nature is just the right destination for all those who have been looking for a herbal cure to their relevant disease. We ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Asthma and Allergies Center