Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Uticaria / Hives and.
becksglenn posted:
I gave birth to my first child a year ago. After 6 months I discovered I had a rather large ovarian cyst which, thankfully, went away after having gone back on the pill for 3 months. At the time my doctor checked my thyroid and confirmed it was within normal levels. I came off the pill and fell pregnant again at the start of May but sadly miscarried at 6 weeks. For the past six months however I've been suffering from hives. Since the miscarriage, they have become worse and now even the slightest scratch of skin or contact by a foreign object (i.e. carrying shopping bags on my arms) brings me up in huge welts. They are predominantly on my back, arms and legs but I also get rashes up my neck and, most recently, minor swelling on my face (even close to my lips). I've been taking Claritin every day but it doesn't seem to make any difference. Neither my diet nor environment has changed. I am seeing my ObGyn this week and will be requesting a referral to an allergist / endocrinologist but I wondered if anyone had experienced something similar or had any suggestions for treatment. Thank you - itchy & worried in Atlanta

Helpful Tips

Tip: safe use of epinephrine auto-injectorsExpert
For patients with allergic diseases that place them at risk for severe allergic reactions or anaphylaxis, epinephrine autoinjectors are an ... More
Was this Helpful?
15 of 27 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Asthma and Allergies Center