Skip to content
Keep your distance
avatar
bluemyrtle45 posted:
I use nail polish and polish remover in the bathroom with the exhaust fan on and the window open or preferably both. Keep products at arm's length not under your nose. The best is to have a manicure and pedicure at a nail salon. Test the environment first with your nose as many do not have the proper ventilation. If you smell chemicals when you walk in, walk out. I tell the owner why I am leaving. I have seen nail salons change location because the premises did not have the proper ventilation and they knew that they were losing business because of it. The worst are procedures are acrylic and gel nails. Avoid these if you have a sensitivity. Even good ventilation and keeping an arm's length will not be far enough away from the toxic odours. Shellac is not great but still best to be avoided if you are sensitive.
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful
Reply


Helpful Tips

Tip: safe use of epinephrine auto-injectorsExpert
For patients with allergic diseases that place them at risk for severe allergic reactions or anaphylaxis, epinephrine autoinjectors are an ... More
Was this Helpful?
15 of 27 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

  • Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Asthma and Allergies Center