Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Anyone out there that can help??
An_190790 posted:
My husband and I have been married for 8 years (this year). We were triing to conceive for 5 of those 8 years and finally conceived with the use of clomid. At 8 weeks we had a threatened miscarriage. And then at 31 weeks along I delivered a 3 pound 7 ounce baby girl. Everyone is doing great and is healthy. But now she is 2 1/2 years old and we are wanting to try again. I want another baby so bad but I can not stop thinking that this is going to happen all over again. I am just wondering if "history" is going to repeat itself?

butterfly19790424 responded:
First of all, I want to apologize for the delay in response. I just now noticed someone posted.

I know what you are going through to a point. Although, I never had a premie, I did have a miscarriage before my daughter. I was scared to death it was going to happen again. I remember the relief I felt when I made it past 11 weeks with my daughter. I think its natural to wonder if history is going to repeat itself. If it does, just remember you cannot control what happens. You may go on to have a full term baby or the next one will be born early.

BabyLovesPrada responded:
I just wanted to say Hi, I am TTC also, but do not have any information regarding your question GL and Babydust

ImMe26 responded:
I would say given your history and having to have taken clomid to conceive before, odds are you are going to need it again.

I say just make a dr appt, get checked out, hormone levels, and pap and see what the dr says.

Miscarriages are hard to go thru but honestly there is no reason to think you cant have a healthy happy pregnancy this time around.

cloud1981 replied to ImMe26's response:
Thank you everyone for your replys.
I am thinking we are going to have to do Clomid again because for the past 2 1/2 years (because we had a diffecult time conceiving the first time, and we know we want more children) we haven't been doing anything to prevent it. I was hoping that we might be able to conceive on our own. Right before we got pregnant with our daughter I was diagnosed with PCOS (sorry forgot to mention that before) which I beleive is contributing to the infertility.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm a 27 year old married mommy to 2 beautiful little girls, ages 6 and 15 months. My husband is an amazing man and a wonderful father. He works 2...More

Helpful Tips

Be the first to post a Tip!

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!