Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Anyone out there that can help??
An_190790 posted:
My husband and I have been married for 8 years (this year). We were triing to conceive for 5 of those 8 years and finally conceived with the use of clomid. At 8 weeks we had a threatened miscarriage. And then at 31 weeks along I delivered a 3 pound 7 ounce baby girl. Everyone is doing great and is healthy. But now she is 2 1/2 years old and we are wanting to try again. I want another baby so bad but I can not stop thinking that this is going to happen all over again. I am just wondering if "history" is going to repeat itself?

butterfly19790424 responded:
First of all, I want to apologize for the delay in response. I just now noticed someone posted.

I know what you are going through to a point. Although, I never had a premie, I did have a miscarriage before my daughter. I was scared to death it was going to happen again. I remember the relief I felt when I made it past 11 weeks with my daughter. I think its natural to wonder if history is going to repeat itself. If it does, just remember you cannot control what happens. You may go on to have a full term baby or the next one will be born early.

BabyLovesPrada responded:
I just wanted to say Hi, I am TTC also, but do not have any information regarding your question GL and Babydust

ImMe26 responded:
I would say given your history and having to have taken clomid to conceive before, odds are you are going to need it again.

I say just make a dr appt, get checked out, hormone levels, and pap and see what the dr says.

Miscarriages are hard to go thru but honestly there is no reason to think you cant have a healthy happy pregnancy this time around.

cloud1981 replied to ImMe26's response:
Thank you everyone for your replys.
I am thinking we are going to have to do Clomid again because for the past 2 1/2 years (because we had a diffecult time conceiving the first time, and we know we want more children) we haven't been doing anything to prevent it. I was hoping that we might be able to conceive on our own. Right before we got pregnant with our daughter I was diagnosed with PCOS (sorry forgot to mention that before) which I beleive is contributing to the infertility.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am 33 years old and am married to a wonderful guy and we have a beautiful 2 year old daughter! I teach at Head Start and my husband is a Union Carpe...More

Helpful Tips

Be the first to post a Tip!

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.