Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
May Alzheimer's Friends
Byroney_WebMD_Staff posted:
Greetings and welcome everyone!

This thread is meant for talking about your day as a caregiver, friend, family member, or support person to an Alzheimer's patient. You can chat about anything you like--and vent if you need to.

If you're new to this Exchange, be sure to pop in on this thread and say "Hello." There is a great group of people here, and they know what you're going through.

If you have a question, be sure to start a new Discussion (not in this thread), and reach out to our wonderful Alzheimer's Expert, Helene Bergman. You can read her introduction post or click on her profile to learn more about her.

Each month, I'll start a new thread so they don't get too long. This thread has befriending and supporting those with family with Alzheimer's since the fall of 2008!

Best wishes and my admiration to each one of you.

Byroney

Take the Poll

May Poll Question: Cure aside, what would most help people with Alzheimer's and those who care for them?
  • More caregiver resources
  • More affordable full care options
  • More partial or daycare options
  • Better medication choices
  • Other
vote
View Poll Results

mjs445 responded:
Hi everyone, sure has been quiet on the boards, have been working on getting hubby settled in, he has been a bit agitated. Talking with the nurse supervisor yesterday and she said she had been watching him for about a half hour and thinks a lot of his agitation comes from being bored. She is going to see that with therapy and some different projects for him that he will settle down. At home he was like a shadow to me and I would find little things for him to do to keep him busy. He was a man who was always active finding projects to keep him busy. Hopefully we can get him on the right track and calmed down.

Hope everyone is doing well and hope to hear from you all soon. God bless all and your in my prayers. Marla

Byroney_WebMD_Staff replied to mjs445's response:
Dear Marla (Mjs445),

Thanks for dropping in and giving us an update. It sounds like you have him in a good facility, and that they're concerned about your husband getting the best care possible. I hope the increase in prohects and therapy helps reduce the agitation he's been experiencing.

How are you doing?

My best,

Byroney

Kariley responded:
Hi Byroney, I was hoping to suggest my family doctor to be an expert on this exchange. I think he has a lot to offer. Who can I send his bio to?

Byroney_WebMD_Staff replied to Kariley's response:
Dear Kariley,

Thanks so much for thinking of us. Please contact ExchangeManagement@webmd.net and they'll take it from there.

My best,

Byroney

Featuring Experts

Judith L. London, Ph.D. announces the publication of her second book, Support for Alzheimer's and Dementia Caregivers: The Unsung Heroes , with...More

Helpful Tips

need tips- dad moving in with alzhemers
My dad is moving this weekend with Alzheimers any helpful tips or info would be helpful.. I wish I knew... More
Was this Helpful?
8 of 16 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.