Skip to content
Early On-set Alzheimer's Disease
Ttommy posted:
I was diagnosed in June of 2006 at age 58 and at stage 5. Immediately started on Aricept and later added Namenda. There is a host of other Rx drugs including Seroquel. Now I consider myself to be at stage 5.

The state of PA revoked my drivers lisence when one of my many doctors informed them that I was driving with AD. I was angry at first but have sence come to grips with it. Hurting somebody as a result of my driving would devestate me for the rest of my life.

I'm currently a Peer volunteer on the www.Alz.org web site.

Please visit with me here or on the Alzheimer's Assiociation Message board.
Later...

Take the Poll

Who has EOAD?
  • me
  • my spouse
  • my sibling
  • my parent
  • my child
vote
View Poll Results

Byroney_WebMD_Staff responded:
Dear Ttommy,

Hello and thank you for posting about Early Onset Alzheimer's Disease and sharing your story with us. Your struggling over wanting to continue to drive, yet not harm anyone is something I can only hope I would have the courage to make the right choice.

Kudos to you for making the hard decision. Also for your peer volunteerism.

I hope you'll come back sometime soon and share an update with us,

Byroney

Featuring Experts

Judith L. London, Ph.D. announces the publication of her second book, Support for Alzheimer's and Dementia Caregivers: The Unsung Heroes , with...More

Helpful Tips

SundowningExpert
Hi Everyone, I'm so gald to see that many of you find relief from sundowning after following the recommendations of your physician ... More
Was this Helpful?
13 of 13 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.