Skip to content
Includes Expert Content
Passing out
carla_gail posted:
Just wondered if it is common to pass out a lot with Alzheimer's?

cjh1203 responded:
Hi carla_gail. I'm sorry it's taken so long for someone to reply to you. It's been pretty quiet here, especially on the weekends.

No, I don't think that passing out is at all common with Alzheimer's, and have never heard of it in connection with Alzheimer's. I think that the patient should be seen by a doctor right away. Passing out a lot, under any circumstances, is not normal.

Carol

Judith L London, PhD responded:
Dear carla_gail,

It must be upsetting to see that happen.

I'm not sure what you mean by 'passing out'. Dozing off from time to time may occur in Alzheimer's, but it may be related to uneven night sleeping or feeling full after a meal. Alzheimer's is an exhausting illness for all involved.

Whatever the reason, seeing a physician for an assessment is a must.

Let's hope it is not serious,
Judy

Featuring Experts

Judith L. London, Ph.D. announces the publication of her second book, Support for Alzheimer's and Dementia Caregivers: The Unsung Heroes , with...More

Helpful Tips

Alzheimer Awareness Week- Nurture IndependenceExpert
Today, July 12th, ends Alzheimer Awareness Week and it was more than coincidental that it coincided with July 4th, Independence Day. ... More
Was this Helpful?
15 of 25 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.