Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
January Check-In
Judith L London, PhD posted:
Hi Everyone,

I don't know what happened to the January check-in I initiated a while back but it's not too late. Think of it at a pre-February check-in.

I hope you have included, or will include, doing something nice for yourself, whether you are a caregiver or someone with Alzheimer's.

I try to walk 30 minutes a day every day. That way, if I miss a day, I still will be within the 150 minutes of walking per week that's been recommended for good health.

Let's hear from you,

Judy

cjh1203 responded:
Hi Judy. The January check-in wasn't pinned, so it's just moved down a little bit.

Since I'm not a caregiver, I can't speak as one, but I have a friend who was caregiver for her husband for a couple of years before he died recently. Her husband didn't have Alzheimer's, but did have a lot of health problems. I always encouraged her to get a massage (I did get her a gift certificate once, too) to help deal with the stress of caring for her husband, working part time and taking care of everything else. When she did get one, it made her feel so much better, physically and mentally. I think that a lot of people underestimate the power of massage when your life is filled with stress.

Anon_527 replied to cjh1203's response:
This should be "un-pinned" and the current month's update discussion pinned. There appears to no longer be competent moderation in this community. Perhaps if that aspect returns I will start posting again.

cjh1203 replied to Anon_527's response:
I'm not sure who you are or how often you used to post, but I think the fact that this thread hasn't been unpinned is probably an oversight rather than incompetence.

Almost all of the monthly discussions have been unpinned except for this one, and they seemed to attract more discussion that way. I know that, because new posts don't show up on the main page when a thread is pinned, I sometimes miss newer posts if I'm not paying attention to the reply count.

In the two years or so I've been posting here, one of the things I've enjoyed most about it is the absence of criticism and negativity, so it's sort of jarring to read your post.

Carol

Featuring Experts

Judith L. London, Ph.D. announces the publication of her second book, Support for Alzheimer's and Dementia Caregivers: The Unsung Heroes , with...More

Helpful Tips

need tips- dad moving in with alzhemers
My dad is moving this weekend with Alzheimers any helpful tips or info would be helpful.. I wish I knew... More
Was this Helpful?
8 of 16 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.