Skip to content
Includes Expert Content
Protandim and its affect on slowing the progression of Alzheimers
clinchem posted:
Does anyone have a relative who has been taking protandim and seen positive results in slowing and/or reversing the effects of Alzheimers?

It appears that none of the Alzheimer's prescribed drugs are really effective short-term or long-term in stopping the progress of Alzheimers. I have several elderly relatives (7) who have Alzheimers and none of them have had positive outcomes being on the drugs used to treat Alzheimers. In addition, several of my friends whose parents have Alzheimers are experiencing the same thing I am.

So, I decided to look at alternative, natural treatments and one of them could be protandim. Please give me your feedback. Thank you.

cjh1203 responded:
I'm afraid I don't know anything about protandim -- maybe someone else will -- but I wanted to say something about the existing drugs. None of them claim to stop the progress of Alzheimer's, but they're normally very effective in slowing its progress.

I knew a woman years ago, before the current drugs were available, who didn't recognize anyone in her family within about 18 months of her diagnosis, and she died within about 2-1/2 years.

My uncle, on the other hand, took Aricept and Namenda and, until he died of a stroke more than seven years after his diagnosis, he still knew everyone and was able to keep up with what was going on in the world. He did have other problems associated with Alzheimer's, but I firmly believe that he would have deteriorated much more quickly without the medications he was given.

If anything could stop the progression of Alzheimer's, it would be major news but, at the moment, there is nothing that can do that. I don't know if protandim can help slow it, but maybe some other people here will have more information.

Carol

Judith L London, PhD responded:
Hi Clinchem,

It's tough when so many of your family have Alzheimer's. I'd like to suggest that you consider recommending some of them to enrol in the clinical trials that are so in need of participants. If you go to www.alz.org , you will see the clinical trials conducted in the respective communities.

Meanwhile, a recent study reports that people without Alzheimer's who may have the APOEe4 gene present in some families can dramatically reduce their chances of getting the disease if they engage in moderate aerobic exercise.

Hope you find some help,

Judy

larayne32 responded:
This was originally posted 3 years ago so I don't know if you are still looking for testimonials. I can connect you with a few people who have had positive results using Protandim with Alzheimer's and Dementia. Feel free to contact me via private email and I can connect you with those individuals. Hope to help you. meunierlisa@hotmail.com

cjh1203 replied to larayne32's response:
Hello Larayne32-

The poster who started this thread has never been back.

I just wanted to let you know that you should never post your personal email address in a public forum. Anyone can get it, including spammers and hackers. I hope you don't mind, but I asked the moderator to remove it.

It was nice of you to post your reply, though. Please post more information about the success you've seen, if you wish.

Best wishes-
Carol

larayne32 replied to cjh1203's response:
Carol - Thanks for letting me know about the email. I don't know how else to have people contact me outside of here. Do you? I would like to post some success. It would take too long to write about all of them in detail. Someone did email me asking for testimonials, but didn't reply back when I sent them the info. Oh well. Here I can tell you in short that I am now giving Protandim to a close relative who is in an assisted living facility. It has only been one month, but yesterday, she recognized my daughter for the first time! My daughter has been visiting with her three times a week and is actually one of the people making sure she takes her Protandim every day. My daughter has had to say who she is and why she is there every time...except yesterday. She also recalled that my mother had been there and told my daughter about it. I am hopeful that her lucidity continues.

cjh1203 replied to larayne32's response:
Hello larayne32. As far as I know, there is no way to have people contact you outside this forum, but it's not worth the possible risk of having your email address posted in public like this.

This board hasn't been very active at all for quite a while, and I haven't seen anyone mention Protandim except for the person who started this thread three years ago. Perhaps you could just check back here once in a while and see if you think someone could benefit from a response from you regarding the successes you've seen with Protandim.

Thanks for posting about the progress you've seen; it's nice of you to share.

Carol

It is interesting to see that you've seen such improvement in your relative. It must be so gratifying to see!

Helpful Tips

SundowningExpert
Hi Everyone, I'm so gald to see that many of you find relief from sundowning after following the recommendations of your physician ... More
Was this Helpful?
13 of 13 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.