Skip to content
Includes Expert Content
Hello, Everyone.
davedsel57 posted:
I'm sorry I have been MIA. My wife and I have been extremely busy trying to get my dad's mobile home ready for sale. I finally signed the contract last week and it is currently on the market. We are hoping it sells within the next few weeks and for at least close to or right at the asking price.

My dad is doing quite well. I have been researching other assisted living facilities in our area because he is running out of excess funds. The fees in his current place far exceed his monthly pension income. The proceeds from the sale of the mobile home will only allow him to stay where he is for about another year. My wife and I visited a few places and found one that will accept him. I called his current place this morning to tell them about the move, and they are now trying to get the fees there lower than his monthly income. I would rather not move him, although he understands and is agreeable to a move, so keeping him where he is at less cost would be ideal.

I've been trying to at least keep up with reading posts in this community but that has also been challenging. Hopefully things will settle soon and I can be more active here again.

Have a blessed and thankful Thursday, folks.
Click on my user name or avatar picture to read my story.

Blessings, Dave

cjh1203 responded:
Hi, Dave. I'm so glad to hear from you! I was really concerned after such a long absence, but I'm glad to hear that everything is OK. I hope that your dad's home will sell soon and that he'll be able to stay where he is. It has sounded like he's very happy where he is, and it would be a shame to have to move him at this point.

How are you and your wife doing?

Post when you can -- you've definitely been missed.

Carol

davedsel57 replied to cjh1203's response:
Hi Carol. I'm glad to be able to post again.

My wife and I are doing OK. The mobile home project took a huge effort and we are so relieved it is over. Both my wife and I have serious back problems so that made the project even more challenging. Our young adult sons did help with heavier items and our eldest steam cleaned the carpets. Just have to wait for the place to sell now.

My dad's current ALF has not been able to offer a lower monthly rate, so we signed him into the new place today. Actual move date will be 3/31 with help from a group of friends. As of 3/9, the apartment will be his so we can move in lighter items starting then.

Have a blessed and fantastic Friday, friends.
Click on my user name or avatar picture to read my story.

Blessings, Dave

Judith L London, PhD replied to davedsel57's response:
Hi Dave,

You and your wife are doing such a great job in taking care of your Dad. It's fortunate that he is agreeable to the move, and with your support, he should be able to make the transition smoothly.

Let us know how he is doing,

Judy

Featuring Experts

Judith L. London, Ph.D. announces the publication of her second book, Support for Alzheimer's and Dementia Caregivers: The Unsung Heroes , with...More

Helpful Tips

Alzheimer Awareness Week- Nurture IndependenceExpert
Today, July 12th, ends Alzheimer Awareness Week and it was more than coincidental that it coincided with July 4th, Independence Day. ... More
Was this Helpful?
15 of 25 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.