Skip to content
Includes Expert Content
Taking A Needed Break
davedsel57 posted:
I have come to a point that I find it necessary to take a break from posting in all WebMD Communities where I am involved. The length of time I am away will be determined by my own stress levels which are very high right now.

May you all find the health care solutions you are looking for.
Click on my user name or avatar picture to read my story.

Blessings, Dave

cjh1203 responded:
Dave, I'll really miss you, and I'm so sorry you're under such stress. You're such an important part of this community, and it's not the same when you're not around.

If we can help give you moral support, I hope you'll let us know.

Take good care of yourself. I hope you won't be gone too long.

Fondly-
Carol

davedsel57 replied to cjh1203's response:
Thank you so much, Carol.

Life in the "sandwich generation" is difficult and stressful. My dad puts pressure on me even though he is in an assisted living facility. Our youngest son has been getting into trouble with the law and has another hearing coming up on 5/17. Stress and chronic pain levels are quite high.

This WebMD Alzheimer's Community is actually pretty enjoyable for me. There is one WebMD Community where there is a lot of drama and I think that is the one I need an extended break from. I will be reading here and contributing as able.

Thank you all for your support. Much needed and appreciated.
Click on my user name or avatar picture to read my story.

Blessings, Dave

Judith L London, PhD replied to davedsel57's response:
We totally will miss you, Dave - Your contribution is such a comfort to so many. However, I am proud of you for taking stock and living the slogan, 'First things first.'

I'm glad you are trying to take care of yourself,
Judy

cjh1203 replied to davedsel57's response:
Dave, I'm really sorry that you're having to deal with your son's problems, as well as your dad's illness and your own pain. I don't have children but I see some of the things my friends in their 50s and 60s are going through with their children, and it's just heartbreaking.

I hope things go well at his hearing, and that the trouble he's been in will wake him up.

I used to be part of a couple of other WebMD communities, too, and, after a few years, I found the saying "familiarity breeds contempt" starting to become true. Some of the regular posters began to frustrate me after such a long time, and that wasn't fair to anyone, so I left both of the boards. I really like this board, though, because people are so empathetic and respectful to each other. Even though the Alzheimer's patient in our family is gone now, I enjoy being part of this community. It does my heart good to see how positive and supportive people can be, and I've learned so much from everyone.

I hope everything will start improving for you and your family, Dave. You deserve happiness and enjoyment in your life.

Carol

gottagohome responded:
I am so sorry that you are experiencing such stress. It takes another who has even a small amount of pressure and pain to appreciate you. Just know that even though I am new to the group and have not been able to be consistent, your input is greatly respected. I also hope that you will be back as I now know how vital this group can be to us all. Sincerely, Shelley

Featuring Experts

Judith L. London, Ph.D. announces the publication of her second book, Support for Alzheimer's and Dementia Caregivers: The Unsung Heroes , with...More

Helpful Tips

Help with Overseeeing a ShowerExpert
Hi Everyone, It is so important for caregivers to get some help early on especially when bathing and showering become a challenge. Whether ... More
Was this Helpful?
13 of 13 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.