Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Includes Expert Content
Ongoing experiences
gottagohome posted:
Hello everyone! I am sorry I have not kept up, I just realized I had not been in contact with you folks for a month. Our situations keep us busy. I just wanted to get back in the loop as every one of you has been so very helpful. Our circumstances are all different and yet the same. My friend Ron got back on track with the Namenda. But there is always something new. Now he walks the halls day and night. They are going to call his dr to have some tests, we are pretty sure it is not UTI, however. I have also agreed to call in Hospice , I have denied the thought of it until now. Kathy, Dave, Carol, I hope to once again be a part of the group that sharing information has been so helpful to us all.

davedsel57 responded:
Good to see you and I do hope to see more posts from you. I understand fully how difficult this is for you. It is very nice to come to a place like this community where everyone understands and can offer support.
Click on my user name or avatar picture to read my story.

Blessings, Dave

Judith L London, PhD responded:
It is not uncommon for someone to be pacing continuously as the disease literally marches on. Does he still talk? If so, you can discuss it with him by putting together his words for him, asking some open-ended questions, and asking yes/no questions as to whether something hurts him, bothers hin, etc. If he doesn't speak, say something like, "You sure look restless" or "You are going somewhere." Also, providing a snack such as milk and cookies, if he can swallow, has been shown to help. If he can walk out-of-doors with supervision, th sun may help recorrect his Circadian rhythms.

Hope something works soon,
Judy

gottagohome replied to Judith L London, PhD's response:
Silly me! My previous message posted. I am sorry! Thank you for your suggestions. You are so right regarding the sun. I do take Ron to a lovely little lake nearly every afternoon after the evening meal. We walk a little and he loves the fresh air and freedom. We have seen up to 53 deer, 10 eagles, many geese, ducks, and cranes. He is ready to go every day. until the falls this week of course. He speaks some, he did alot when he was walking this weekend constantly! As expected, the talk and his questions are about happenings back in his career. I carry a bag and keep little chocolate cakes snack bars which he is thrilled about. I understand about the taste buds and sweets. He has gone from a 38 to a 34 slack since July, I and i as well as te ome are trying to sopplement with the shakes. But the walking keeps him from gaining anything! I just wanted to acknowledge that I finally saw both yours and my posts. I am a bit distracted this week! Bless you and many thanks!

Featuring Experts

Judith L. London, Ph.D. announces the publication of her second book, Support for Alzheimer's and Dementia Caregivers: The Unsung Heroes , with...More

Helpful Tips

need tips- dad moving in with alzhemers
My dad is moving this weekend with Alzheimers any helpful tips or info would be helpful.. I wish I knew... More
Was this Helpful?
8 of 16 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.