Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Includes Expert Content
Off Topic - Our Son Made Us Puppy Grandparents Today
davedsel57 posted:
Thought this post may bring a smile to a few folks today. My wife, eldest son Russell and I went to our favorite pet store this morning "just to look". We already have two dogs (a 5-year-old female pekingese/shih-tzu mix and a 1-year-old male full shih-tzu) and four cats.

Russell fell in love and become a puppy daddy for the first time. He is fully responsible this new family member and has been out showing her to his grandparents and friends today. The puppy is a 3-month-old female all black chihuahua that Russell has named Midnight. Here she is...

Click on my user name or avatar picture to read my story.

Blessings, Dave

cjh1203 responded:
Midnight is such a cutie! I remember when you got your last dog and can't believe he's a year old already. It must be so much fun to watch all of the dogs play together! How do they get along with the cats?

My mom got a dog a couple of weeks ago from a no-kill shelter -- she's supposedly a pug mix but she doesn't look at all like a pug except for her curly tale. She's 15 months old and such a happy, busy little dog. We're having a Mother's Day lunch at my mom's tomorrow, so I'll be able to get better acquainted with Riley.

Enjoy the new grand-dog, Dave. I know it she'll provide lots of love and entertainment.

Carol

davedsel57 replied to cjh1203's response:
Hi Carol.

All the pets are getting along famously. Little Midnight holds her own and does not back down when playing. It is such a joy to watch them all interact.

Hope you and all mothers that are members of this WebMD Alzheimer's Community are having an excellent Mother's Day!

Blessings, Dave

Judith L London, PhD replied to davedsel57's response:
Hi Dave,

I have recently become the Puppy grandparent of 2 dogs - on from each of my children! One of the dogs is a mixture of a Yorkie and a Chihuahua. He is so cute! He looks like a long-haired version of Russell's Chihuahua with some gray hairs thrown in.

Enjoy,
Judy

davedsel57 replied to Judith L London, PhD's response:
Congratulations, Judy!

Pets have a natural ability to reduce our stress. They make us smile and even laugh out loud. They give us unconditional love and loyalty. Can't imagine a world without pets.

Have a blessed day, everyone!

Blessings, Dave

Featuring Experts

Judith L. London, Ph.D. announces the publication of her second book, Support for Alzheimer's and Dementia Caregivers: The Unsung Heroes , with...More

Helpful Tips

Help with Overseeeing a ShowerExpert
Hi Everyone, It is so important for caregivers to get some help early on especially when bathing and showering become a challenge. Whether ... More
Was this Helpful?
13 of 13 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.