Skip to content
is this something others have experienced?
esnyder7 posted:
I don't know what to call this phenomenon but I'm trying to figure out if this is a "normal" or "typical" occurrence in this early stage of Alzheimer's. .
My husband is still in early stages - short--term memory bad but still working, driving etc But this seems to be getting worse. He thinks he's seen or experienced things before. Watching a game on tv he's sure it's a rerun because he just saw those two teams play. A girl walking down the street with a bunch of balloons he has seen every day that week in the same outfit with that bunch of balloons. The weather girl on tv has worn that same outfit every day - etc. etc. It sounds innocuous and I suppose it is, but it is a bit nerve-wracking and hard to have a conversation because he just isn't making sense!!!Somehow I think it will help me a bit if I know others experience this.

Featuring Experts

Judith L. London, Ph.D. announces the publication of her second book, Support for Alzheimer's and Dementia Caregivers: The Unsung Heroes , with...More

Helpful Tips

Help with Overseeeing a ShowerExpert
Hi Everyone, It is so important for caregivers to get some help early on especially when bathing and showering become a challenge. Whether ... More
Was this Helpful?
13 of 13 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.