Skip to content
Chronic Kidney Disease/Alzheimers
2010guardian posted:
My husband, Ken, has been diagnosed with Chronic Kidney Disease, upper end of Stage 3. This was so upsetting that with all the medical care he has been getting along with routine lab work, that his kidney's were overlooked. He has diabetes and has managed it fairly well. He's still on pills. I checked on previous labs and saw that his Ceatinine has been consistantly high and GFR consistantly low. Still at his quarterly diabetic clinic visits, it was 'business as usual.' In 2009 he was in Stage one, but it wasn't picked up on, 2010, Stage 2; and 2011, Stage 3, and we just find out about it.
Some of the side effects of the latter stages is confusion and weakness in the legs. This seems to be moving forward fast. He does have an appointment with the dietition and diabetic counselor. It all has just put a heavy weight on me. I know this is the Alzheimer community, but this is just another load for me to bear.

So now he has 2 diagnoses for confusion--alzheimers and CKD; also 2 diagnoses for weakness in his legs--diabetes and CKD.

He is close to stage 4 and stage 5 he will get dialysis. This is all so scarry for me to deal with.

Kathy

Featuring Experts

Judith L. London, Ph.D. announces the publication of her second book, Support for Alzheimer's and Dementia Caregivers: The Unsung Heroes , with...More

Helpful Tips

Alzheimer Awareness Week- Nurture IndependenceExpert
Today, July 12th, ends Alzheimer Awareness Week and it was more than coincidental that it coincided with July 4th, Independence Day. ... More
Was this Helpful?
15 of 25 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.