Includes Expert Content
Exercise
2010guardian posted:
Today was like a small miracle day. We went to the Wellness Center and Ken was open to exercising. The attendant is a friend of ours and she worked with him. He was on the bicycle for abut 7 minutes, and when I asked him if he wanted to try the treadmill, he said , "No, she is going to show me another machine." so she put him on a bicycle with the arm exercises also. He did about 5 minutes on that. In the past if I got him on anything at all, he could last only 2 minutes before his legs gave out.

The attendant told him that he needed to do this every day as it would bring down his triglycerides, (he doesn't have trouble with his chlosterol) his blood sugar, and blood pressure.
I was able to walk 1/2 mile. We have always exercised together. He may not be able to go every day, but at least every other day.

Kathy

davedsel57 responded:
Kathy,

This all sounds great! Enjoy exercising together as much as possible.
Click on my user name or avatar picture to read my story.

Blessings, Dave

Judith L London, PhD responded:
Kathy,

The exercise is also good fro his brain! And while he is doing it, take the opportunity for you to exercise as well since exercise sharpens everyone's brain and relaxes the mind.

Judy

2010guardian replied to Judith L London, PhD's response:
Thanks, Judy, I have been exercising along with him. I'm amazed at the energy I have later.

Kathy

Judith L London, PhD replied to 2010guardian's response:
Great, Kathy!