Skip to content
Who Do You Go To In Order to Start the Diagnosis Process?
An_247602 posted:
My mother is having bouts with what may be Alzheimers. Who do we go to in order to diagnose it? GP? Other?
cjh1203 responded:
I'm sorry for your concerns about your mother.

It would be best to go to a gerentologist or neurologist. You might be able to get the names of some doctors who specialize in dementia from your local Alzheimer's Association. In case you haven't looked at the Alzheimer's Association web site , you might want to check it out. It's extremely informative and helpful.

Best of luck to you and your mother. Please let us know what you find out.


Helpful Tips

Help with Overseeeing a ShowerExpert
Hi Everyone, It is so important for caregivers to get some help early on especially when bathing and showering become a challenge. Whether ... More
Was this Helpful?
13 of 13 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!