Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Gratitude
Judith L London, PhD posted:
The webmd theme to look for something you are grateful for actually is so sound. Studies show that if you can identify even one area a day, something as simple as the sun may be shining, you have better physical and mental health. I know how hard it must be for you as caregivers to think about gratitude, but an attitude of gratitude makes a difference.

Hope you can find something to be grateful about,
Judy

2010guardian responded:
There are many things I am grateful for, but the one I am the most thankful for is that I am well and able to take care of my family. I have so many potentially bad health problems, but everything is under control. I not only take care of my husband, but am on call constantly to help with my grandchildren.

Thanks for asking.

Kathy

Judith L London, PhD replied to 2010guardian's response:
Hi Kathy,

How great to feel gratitude for stable health and being there for your husband and grandchildren. Even though it is alot of work, there's something so satisfying about it.

Do something just for you, too,
Judy

2010guardian replied to Judith L London, PhD's response:
Hi Judy,
Yes, I keep in mind to stay active in my Red Hat Group. We meet once a month. Now I'm in a basket making class. I've about finished one and have 3 more to make. We meet one evening a week.

Thank you for your support.

Kathy

Featuring Experts

Judith L. London, Ph.D. announces the publication of her second book, Support for Alzheimer's and Dementia Caregivers: The Unsung Heroes , with...More

Helpful Tips

Alzheimer Awareness Week- Nurture IndependenceExpert
Today, July 12th, ends Alzheimer Awareness Week and it was more than coincidental that it coincided with July 4th, Independence Day. ... More
Was this Helpful?
15 of 25 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.