Skip to content


    Exciting News for WebMD Members!

    We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

    And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

    What Do You Need to Do?

    The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

    Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

    Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

    Includes Expert Content
    Trouble with meals
    An_247998 posted:
    My husband who has Alzheimer's is having some trouble eating. His hand is shaking and that is very disturbing to him and me. He also says he is not hungry and does not eat all his meals, even though I have give him what he likes and less of it. Any suggestions?
    davedsel57 responded:

    Have you discussed this with the doctor? There could be physical reasons why your husband has a lower appetite. Perhaps a medication he is taking has this as a side affect. So, my suggestion is to make sure to discuss all this with the doctor.
    Click on my user name or avatar picture to read my story.

    Blessings, Dave
    Judith L London, PhD responded:

    Dave has given you good advice. The sooner he sees his doctor and finds out what's going on, the better.

    Keep us posted,

    Helpful Tips

    Alzheimer Awareness Week- Nurture IndependenceExpert
    Today, July 12th, ends Alzheimer Awareness Week and it was more than coincidental that it coincided with July 4th, Independence Day. ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    15 of 25 found this helpful

    Related Drug Reviews

    • Drug Name User Reviews

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.