Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Includes Expert Content
Early precautions/avoidance - prevention
Staying_Good_Shape posted:
With a hoped for possiblity of 'putting-off', or PREVENTING the Alzheimer's condition, I have begun exploring any proven eating, lifestyle, medications, etc. You all seem to be in ongoing discussion on the subject - Very Glad That I Am Able To Share Time with You All!!

Judith L London, PhD responded:
Hi Staying_Good_Shape,

Glad to see you are taking steps for a healthy life and brain. Exercise is by far the best thing you can do - even a 30 minute walk 3-7 times a week is associated with a delay of onset and an increase in brain volume. Apples, grapes, etc. and a Mediterranean diet also may help. And, recent resesarch indicates that the caffeine in 3 cups of coffee a day delays onset and sharpens the brain.

We'd love to hear about some of the things you are trying out.

Keep up the good work,
Judy

Staying_Good_Shape replied to Judith L London, PhD's response:
Hello Dr,
Thanks for the advice, I have long maintained exercise patterns, AND, recently I began using a product named 'NutriBullet'.

Received it about month ago, and begun the 'Fruits & Vegetables' meal style.
Somewhat new to me honestly, but have begun to do meals more & more. Lot-to-learn....
They mention the Mediter diet in their 'Brain Blast' cook books.
Learning to recognize 'avocado's & such in the supermarket!

Thanks again,
Aubrey Loyd

Featuring Experts

Judith L. London, Ph.D. announces the publication of her second book, Support for Alzheimer's and Dementia Caregivers: The Unsung Heroes , with...More

Helpful Tips

need tips- dad moving in with alzhemers
My dad is moving this weekend with Alzheimers any helpful tips or info would be helpful.. I wish I knew... More
Was this Helpful?
8 of 16 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.