Skip to content
November Check-In
Judith L London, PhD posted:
Happy November, Everyone,

I've been busy with the final edits of my new book, "Support for Alzheimer's and Dementia Caregivers: The Unsung Heroes." It will be released in 2013. Meanwhile, what and how are you doing?

Let us know,
Judy

davedsel57 responded:
Hello, everyone.

I have been busy with many issues lately. My dad is actually doing well still. He is showing signs of his Alzheimer's progressing. The nurses are now making sure he showers often or he forgets.

My 89 year old father-in-law is in end-stage Dementia (never got a definitive diagnosis of what type) and is doing a bit better. His palliative care doctor just started him on Seroquel last Wednesday. He is sleeping through the night in his bed and is in a much better mood. For a few weeks he would not leave his recliner in the living room other than to use the bathroom. He is more alert, better rested and doing better in general. That is all very good news, and is easier for my mother-in-law as primary care giver.

Have a blessed and nice November, friends.
Click on my user name or avatar picture to read my story.

Blessings, Dave

Judith L London, PhD replied to davedsel57's response:
Great, Dave.

You and your family ar right on top of them both, and are terrific advocates. Hope the situation remains stable to give you a breather.

Take care of yourself, too,
Judy

cjh1203 responded:
Hello, everone-

Judy, I'll be eager to hear when your book is published. Even though nobody in my family is dealing with dementia since my uncle's death, I'm sure it's something we and people close to us will encounter again, unfortunabely.

Dave, it's always good to hear positive reports about your dad, but it must be hard to see it progressing. I'm so sorry about your father-in-law. That must be very difficult for you and your wife. His improved mood must be a welcome change, though.

What is everyone doing for Thanksgiving? My mother and my sister and her family just moved into a new house together a couple of weeks ago, so we'll be breaking in the house with a family Thanksgiving dinner. Unfortunately, my mother broke her leg in two places today, so it's going to be a rough few weeks for her. She's very healthy otherwise, though, so I hope her recovery will go quickly and smoothly.

Hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

Carol

Featuring Experts

Judith L. London, Ph.D. announces the publication of her second book, Support for Alzheimer's and Dementia Caregivers: The Unsung Heroes , with...More

Helpful Tips

SundowningExpert
Hi Everyone, I'm so gald to see that many of you find relief from sundowning after following the recommendations of your physician ... More
Was this Helpful?
13 of 13 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.