Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Includes Expert Content
One Week Away
davedsel57 posted:
One week from today is Christmas day. We are pretty much ready, just need to buy some stocking-stuffers. How is everyone doing with the hustle and bustle of this season?

We have been fully decorated for over a week. Below is a picture of one corner of our living room with its new vent-free gas fireplace.

Click on my user name or avatar picture to read my story.

Blessings, Dave

cjh1203 responded:
Your house looks so festive and cozy, Dave!

This is very unusual, but this year I had everything bought and wrapped about by the end of November. I buy for about 25 people, so having that done so early has eliminated a lot of stress.

I've done very little decorating, but am doing some more and starting my baking tonight.

Carol

davedsel57 replied to cjh1203's response:
Wow, great job with the shopping, Carol!! We never had that many on our list. Now its just the immediate family that exchanges (wife and both sons).

I have fond memories of my mother making many different types of cookies at holiday time. She would start in October and give them as gifts. They were wonderful. I have her cookie cutters and baking pans (both of these are older than I am) and used to do a lot of holiday baking as well. My spinal problems have made that difficult, plus with the Type 2 Diabetes I really should not eat sweets. Now we buy Christmas cookies in the dollar stores. Not too bad, but not my mother's of course.
Click on my user name or avatar picture to read my story.

Blessings, Dave

Judith L London, PhD responded:
Hi Dave,

Happy to see all the excitement about Christmas. Maybe you'll get a stocking stuffer of someone visiting for you - or you could give a stocking stuffer emphasizing your visits.

Have a great holiday,
Judy

Featuring Experts

Judith L. London, Ph.D. announces the publication of her second book, Support for Alzheimer's and Dementia Caregivers: The Unsung Heroes , with...More

Helpful Tips

Help with Overseeeing a ShowerExpert
Hi Everyone, It is so important for caregivers to get some help early on especially when bathing and showering become a challenge. Whether ... More
Was this Helpful?
13 of 13 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.