Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Includes Expert Content
Farewell
davedsel57 posted:
I have been a member of WebMD for over 10 years. A recent change in the communities has led me to a decision to have my membership deleted and no longer post in any community.

WebMD has decided to have all communities be 'self-moderating'. There are no more moderators. In some of the communities I have seen that inappropriate posts are not being deleted. There is a lot of bickering among members. Spam stays on the boards far too long before being deleted. New members are posting with rather radical ideas and trying to convince others that they are right.

WebMD is a public, world-wide site with the communities open to anyone. Without moderation I no longer feel safe posting here. I have enjoyed my time here and learned a great deal. I wish everyone in this community success in managing their health concerns.
Click on my user name or avatar picture to read my story.

Blessings, Dave

cjh1203 responded:
Hi Dave. I understand your feelings about losing the moderators, and agree with you that having moderated boards was one of the attractions of WebMD. I also agree that getting rid of moderators is a bad idea.

I hope you'll reconsider leaving the Alzheimer's board, though. In the three years or so that I've been coming here, I only remember one unpleasant comment from anyone. We do get spam, very occasionally, but it is removed once it's reported.

One of the things I've appreciated about this board over the years is how civil and caring everyone is. You have been such a great addition to the community -- always there with valuable advice and compassion -- and it would be a huge loss to us if you left. I hope you'll think about it some more!

Best wishes.
Carol

2010guardian responded:
Hi Dave, I do hope you come back and read these messages that you are missed. I have been very lax about updating for the last two months. I have appreciated your input. I've always read with interest about your caring for your Dad and how well he is doing. 10 years is a long time to be associated with this web and for it to be ended. Just so you know, you are appreciated.

Kathy (guardian2010)

cjh1203 replied to 2010guardian's response:
Hi Kathy-

I don't want to hijack Dave's thread, but wanted to tell you how glad I am to see you posting again. I've thought about you often and wondered how you and your husband are doing.

Carol

Judith L London, PhD responded:
Oh Dave - You have been such as asset to this community. I am still the WebMD 'Expert' in the Alzheimer's Community even if I am not continuously on line. I do try to give accurate information and understand that some participants may mistakenly believe that the answers that worked for their loved ones will work for everyone. We count on each other to dispel myths, or acknowledge the 'placebo' effect that may occur. It's important for us to share. I have seen very few inappropriate posts in the years I've been on board.

Hope you re-consider - we will sorely miss you,
Judy

Featuring Experts

Judith L. London, Ph.D. announces the publication of her second book, Support for Alzheimer's and Dementia Caregivers: The Unsung Heroes , with...More

Helpful Tips

SundowningExpert
Hi Everyone, I'm so gald to see that many of you find relief from sundowning after following the recommendations of your physician ... More
Was this Helpful?
13 of 13 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.